Orange County Electric Vehicle Charging
Expert EV Charging Services
Our Experienced Electricians Are Ready to Help
At PD Electric, we are dedicated to meeting the growing demand for electric vehicle charging stations as more people switch to EVs. Whether you own a residential or commercial property, we can help you find the right EV charging system and ensure it's installed correctly. We are equipped to install chargers for all EV makes and models on the market, including the latest Tesla Model Y. Our team takes care of every aspect of the installation process, from upgrading electric panels and wiring to ensuring the charging station is safe, fast, and user-friendly. With our extensive experience, you can trust us to make your electric vehicle charging experience as hassle-free as possible.
For the best quality EV charging equipment, call PD Electric at
(949) 569-8131 or
or contact us online for a free consultation.
We Install EV Chargers and Outlets For Many Vehicle Brands
External EV Charger Installation in San Clemente, CA
Types of EV Charging
With basic access to your home's electrical power and a home charging station your EV will be fully charged in no time.
There are three levels of EV chargers. The standard Level 1 charger at 120 volts, the Level 2 charger at 240 volts and the DC (Level 3) fast charger.
- Level 1 EV Chargers – The standard charging cord that comes with every electric vehicle is a Level 1 charger, which runs on 120 volts. It has a conventional, three-prong set up that can be plugged into any standard socket. Level 1 chargers are the slowest and are typically only suitable for hybrids with small battery packs.
- Level 2 EV Chargers – Most homeowners looking for a faster way to charge their electric vehicle install a Level 2 charging station, which can charge three to five times faster than a Level 1 charger. A Level 2 charger operates on 240 volts, meaning your home will need some rewiring to provide a suitable outlet for power. Our team can easily complete this task for you.
- DC Fast Charging – Typical outlets are configured to alternating current (AC). DC fast charging stations require a direct current (DC). Direct current enables these high-powered charging stations to charge faster than Level 2 chargers. As the most expensive type of charging station, this system is typically only used in commercial and industrial settings.
EV Chargers for Homes
Owning an electric vehicle comes with various advantages such as saving money on fuel and reducing your carbon footprint. You can further enhance your electric vehicle ownership experience by installing a high-speed electric vehicle charging station in your home. This will guarantee that you have sufficient charge to reach your destination without worrying about running out of power. Our team of electricians is available to provide prompt and effortless installation services at your home.
You can count on our EV installation experts to assist you with the following:
- Determine your specific needs through an evaluation of your home’s electrical system and your vehicle
- Help you select the best model of EV charger for your car and residence. EV chargers can be produced by the car manufacturer or by a third party.
- Install your new wall mounted charger correctly and according to NEC and local codes to ensures a safe and effective operation for years to come
- Our highly trained, certified technicians will arrive on-time and ready to complete a perfect installation!
PD Electric is your one-stop-shop for EV charger installation and repair in Orange County.
Call (949) 569-8131
today to schedule a free estimate!